Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dinner and a blog

Well we made it through the first weekend apart, and we are over half way now! Yesterday was a terribly hard day, but praise the Lord there is joy in the morning: today was a beautiful and wonderful day.
Tirzah and I went to church this morning together
We went for a swim together
We skyped my brother in Canada together
We had a time of pure laughter together on the bed (truly!  She was laughing! And what a delightful little giggle it is)

One of the best moments of our day: Tirzah burped, loudly, during a prayer at church!  No one turned around or looked, but they must have all thought it was me it was so loud and adultlike!

I wanted to write about a couple of things.
1) Daniel's poison ivy: it became so bad that he turned himself into sick call, was able to go to the clinic to receive 2 shots and also to receive cream.  So thank you for your prayers!  The Lord truly "looked upon his affliction and delivered him"
2) On Friday, Anna, Meredith, Melinda, and I spent the day creating coffee filter wreaths.  Have you ever heard of such a thing?  I could not imagine what it would turn out to be, but actually, I am quite excited about it!  It does look like it took lots of time and effort, but it is really easy and anyone could do it.  Just grab yourself some good friends, some goodies, a wreath, some pretty ribbon, some paints (if desired), a hot glue gun, and a package of coffee filters and you are all set!





3) Anna, Meredith, Tirzah, and I are heading to Destin, FL tomorrow for a mini get-away to pass the last days until the Soldiers' return on Thursday!  We are staying at a little hotel for military families, right on the beach.  I am really looking forward to that white sand!! And it will be Tirzah's first trip to the ocean.  I also am so thankful for the chance to see my extended family (they live 15 minutes from where we will be). I am in the midst of packing all of Little One's suits and bonnets.  I have Banangrams (have you ever played??  A family favorite), baked kale chips for the ride, and some Red Wine and Cheese Bread... which I have yet to taste but it looks amazing.  And for sure I have a chocolate craving packed which I know will be beautifully satisfied on this girls' trip!
Can't wait to share pictures and lovely stories with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment