Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Son has been born

Hello Loved Ones!

It feels so good to be at this computer, fingers to the keyboard, smile on my face, laying on my tummy on our new couch in Savannah, Georgia . . . sundress on, sun-tan begun, and sand in my toes.

We made it.  We did it.

So much has changed since I last wrote and I thank you for your patience and your understanding as we took that break and just lived.  So much life has happened and what a better way to begin than with sharing the new life of our son, Thaddaeus Oaken Shear.  This blog began, three years ago, with the birth of Tirzah, and now we start again with the birth of our son.

Our strong healthy boy was born on February 11 at 6:41 PM.  Oh wait, I'll be right back, hear him now!

Ok, back!  My oh my was I huge and so ready for him to come!  My contractions started around 6PM on Monday night and progressed slowly through the night.  I guess I was hopeful this was going to be a quick labor, being my second child and all, but I think now that my body simply labors slowly... it was 24 hours this time from start to baby!  In the morning light, I went between laying on the couch to get some sleep (after being awake all night with contractions), to pushing against a corner wall during contractions.  Daniel was massaging my lower back, and Tirzah, the dear, was either massaging Daniel's back or trying to get in between our legs.  Daniel found it simply dear and tried to hold his laughter.  I, honestly, was finding it quite annoying and didn't like anything or anyone touching me, besides those much needed massages during contractions.  But truly, Tirzah was amazing as she experienced and watched me in labor for those few hours.

We decided to go to the hospital around 11 am and we dropped Tirzah off at a friend's house for her to spend the afternoon and evening and also overnight.  At the hospital I slowly progressed, received the meds, and then delivered him at 6:41.  9 lbs 3 oz and 22 3/4 inches long!  Oh. . . and his head. . . 15 cm.  Yikes.

About an hour before we headed to the hospital!


A Son!!







This was Sissy, coming to see Brother for the first time!

And yes... this happened!  Thaddaeus, only hours old, went for a ride on the sleeping bag


She has been such a wonderful, mindful and thoughtful Sissy from the very start



Thaddaeus.  One of the 12 disciples, meaning: "Courageous Heart"

O Lord!  That Thaddaeus might be a courageous young man with a heart after yours.

Oaken.  Simply a name which we liked, but with such strong meanings.  Thinking of the oak tree and all the thoughts that stem from that.

Our Son.
A gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment