Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Yes, it's me!!

Hello dear readers!!

Yes!  This is actually me, actually finding a moment and the desire to be here, writing.  Has it been a long time coming, or what?!

And you know what, I am usually tempted to apologize that I have not written in… well… let's not even count the days nor the months… but I am not going to apologize.  I am not. Because, in all honesty, I am not sorry.  You see, I found myself in this weird relationship with the blog.  It was like if I didn't write, I felt guilty.  Guilty that I was not enough, or didn't have material to share or material that was "good enough", guilty that I was not what YOU expected me to be, guilty that I was doing it wrong and was going to be called out for my wrong doing.  But you know, I finally see how silly that was.  I will not allow a blog to make me feel guilty any more.  I am just not going to do it.  I will write and find enjoyment and hope that you will find encouragement and that it might be a place of rest and hope for you, but I do not and will not create a blog in which I nor you will feel guilty.  There. I said it. Enough said?  No judgment on your part?  No judgment here either.  If you are not able to come and read, I will not make you feel guilty.  And if I am not able to come and write or if the post is not exactly quite what you were hoping it to be … then will grant me grace as well, please?  And if so, then I think we will get along quite nicely.

Ah.  That feels better.

Well, I feel like I might just introduce myself again.  I am Fawn, a woman of heartfelt gratitude to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, a wife to my life-long best friend Daniel, a mama to two blessings: Tirzah and Thaddaeus, a home-maker, and a nourisher of bodies, souls, and minds.

How about that last description?  Nourisher of bodies, souls, and minds.  I just LOVE that!  What an awesome responsibility!  That, my friends, is what I have been learning about lately and about which I am becoming super passionate.  The Bible tells us to Love the Lord with all our heart, and with all our souls, and with all our minds (Deut 6:5). And you know what I have found?  That it is my God-given responsibility to teach and lead these children in HOW they are to love with all their heart, soul, and mind.  And I get so excited about that!  I get to be the one to nourish their bodies with the best possible food so that they can love the Lord with all their strength.  I get to be the one to nourish their minds by providing them with a continual feast of ideas and thoughts and book and art and the WORD.  I get to do these things!

And I am excited about that.

Now mind you, not in every moment.  Not in the moments where one child's diaper is full to the brim of something that smells, quite literally, other worldly.  Or in that same moment where the aforementioned child is whining to be held, the eggs are burning on the stove and the tea kettle is screaming with water ready, and the other child is racing up and down the hallway on her scooter, half-screaming and half-singing Jesus Loves Me at the very top of her lungs. When the house is all a mess, the laundry is all but stinking up the house, and the chickens are badly in need of breakfast.  No, in those moments usually I am ready to run out the door and jump in my car to go anywhere but here.  And usually those moments are at 7:22 in the morning.  Lord help me!

But when I do sit down and think about what I am actually doing in these mundane moments that add up to a childhood?  I am nourishing minds and hearts and souls to Love the Lord.  So in reality, mundane moments add up to a HOLY and whole eternity… and that is something to be excited about.

Here we go!



No comments:

Post a Comment