Wednesday, June 1, 2011

107 degrees already?

It's true... 107 today in Columbus, GA.  Incredible.  It was even too hot to take Tirzah to the pool!  Daniel is two days into his 10 day Leader Forge and I just hope he found some shade during the day.  He texted last night and said they only received 40 minutes of sleep the whole night... my gracious we need your prayers!
I have so much to catch up on with the blog: Tirzah's first swim, Memorial day in Raphine (we decided to go!), adventures with friends, weekly recipes, etc.  So I am just going to start tonight with some pictures and a video of our little Delight, and our prayer requests for the week, and will hopefully find adequate time to post more over the next couple of days.  How do you like the new blog design?!
First, last week Anna and I took Tirzah for her first little dip in the pool.  Actually, it wasn't her first.  Renee and I attempted over Easter, but her little toes hit the cold water and in an instant her legs were curled under her and tears were rolling.  Second attempt however, was very successful!  And seriously, could you ever find a cuter baby girl on a summer day?! (Thanks Jori for the suit!!)



Just a testimony to what a wonderful friend Anna is: she was as excited as I was to document this day!  Truly, there is something to say when a friend doesn't have a baby herself, but finds excitement in the small accomplishments of your small one...



For our prayer requests this week, Daniel asked for prayer with:
  • Maintaining a positive attitude and perspective through each day
  • Christ-likeness in regards to his peers (helping them while they are in leadership)
  • Desiring the Lord
  • Relying upon the Lord for strength
  • Wisdom when he is called upon to lead
For me, would you please pray that I would
  • Have wisdom and understanding in regards to Tirzah
  • Delight in and be satisfied in all that the Lord is for me
  • Be found hopeful and joyful in Him


1 comment:

  1. Hey there!

    Thanks for wanting to link up with What I'm Loving Wednesday :) To link up, you'd type your post and then publish it. Then copy the link to your post and head back over to my blog. You'll see a link that says "Click here to enter..." to post the link to your blog. Once you click there you'll type in the info and it should pop up!

    I hope that wasn't confusing! Please let me know if you have any more questions :)

    Your daughter is precious!

    ReplyDelete