Thursday, July 28, 2011

Just Peachy

What a day it has been!
 
"I will recount of all the wonderful deeds of the Lord."

I received my first letter from Daniel!!  I couldn't believe it!  What joy come from that little mail box of ours.  Here is part of his letter:

"We are only half way through day 1 and our company, which started with 100 people, now sits at 81!  We have a small Ranger Class.  Yesterday we started with 300.  That number has decreased considerably a a result of the PT test this morn.  I got a Major Plus* for my run time!  3 of my good friends are in my Company!"




*In Ranger School you can receive Minuses and Pluses.: "You can get negative spot reports in the form of a minor minus or a major minus.  Two minor minuses count as one major minus.  Over the entire course, you can only get 8 total major minuses, and only 3 major minuses per phase.  However, you can also get positive spot reports in the form of a minor plus or a major plus.  For each major or minor plus that you get, it will cancel out a minus of that same value.  "

Here is Daniel's address during Phase 1 if you would like to write to him:


2LT Daniel Shear
4th Ranger Training Battalion
RN # 157, Company A
10850 Schneider Road
Fort Benning, GA 31905


Next, Renee and I have spent the day canning Peach Jam!  What a fun thing to do with someone, and it is such quality time spent together.  Check it out!










 We also made Tirzah's first fruit puree to freeze.  She has been eating bananas with her rice cereal, and I actually fed her the rice cereal twice today!  It seemed she was ready for that second solid food meal and she did so well.  I am hoping that she will be ready for these peaches when we return from Florida in a week or so!

Lastly, look at this delicious Challah bread that Renee made!  It just came out of the oven and my goodness does the house have the most decadent smell in all the world!!  We are planning to bring a loaf to Grandmom, along with a jar of Peach Jam,  as a birthday present.  Nothing like some homemade treats with which to celebrate life!
What are you celebrating today?

No comments:

Post a Comment